We are looking for an inquisitive and well organised person with an acute sense of news and storytelling who will partner with our staff to manage and produce internal communications for them in 90+ offices across the world. The role includes working with others to communicate World Vision’s work and global business related news in ways that staff find appealing.
- Enable and lead a multi-country internal communications approach to help staff be informed of and engaged with what is happening in the global organisation.
- Deliver effective internal communications channels and apply learning to future plans.
- Ensure that global communications reaching staff is audience-centric, respectful of their time and workload, engaging and purposeful.
- Establish mechanisms to help staff make quick informed decisions as to which global news and stories are relevant or interesting to them.
- Produce, curate, and edit high quality content, and lead global internal editorial processes.
- Use data, facts, information, and personal accounts to create storytelling and news for a variety of global internal audiences, often repurposing, following up on, and editing content to show impact, and emotional or human connection.
- Develop new communications styles to enhance internal understanding of organisational strategic priorities. Interpret and translate complex organisational ideas into simple and engaging language to help staff understand and champion work that they may be less familiar with.
- Develop and grow relationships of influence and partnerships with communicators in all World Vision offices to ensure representation and include their voices in internal communications channels.
- Coach content providers, of all seniority levels, on audience-centric content creation and storytelling and uphold quality storytelling for the organisation.
- Partner with other team members to communicate global organisational story projects to staff and promote engagement and participation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Minimum of 7 years working in written communications and managing communications channels.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a commitment to storytelling quality.
- Ability to write the same story in different ways, depending on channel, purpose, and audience.
- Ability to emotionally move and engage a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates creative ways of storytelling.
- Diplomatic and assertive, able to influence staff at all levels.
- Translates technical and policy information into clear and concise content; Able to synthesise information.
- Audience oriented.
- Interviewing skills and ability to create safe spaces for dialogue.
- Appreciates multi-cultural environments, demonstrates cultural sensitivities, and shows a commitment to diversity.
- Committed to child and adult safeguarding and protection.
- Able to priortise according to strategic need.
- Accountable for on-time delivery and is deadline oriented.
- Self-starter and able to initiate and progress work without immediate supervision.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Strategic and critical thinker, and moves easily between high-level concepts and detailed features.
- Advanced degree in Writing, Communications, Journalism, Change Management or Organisational Development.
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Spanish or/ and French are desirable.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working through or managing others.
- Facilitation skills.
- Not driven by pleasing people.
- Interpersonal skills, with an ability to understand nuances in people’s behaviour, communications, and actions
Interested and qualified? APPLY Here