UniGroup Logistics has more than 50 years’ experience customizing solutions to meet unique transportation and logistics needs. We offer the experience and expertise of the nation’s most well-known and trusted names in the transportation industry, United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit, along with the global footprint of UniGroup Relocation.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Logistics
- Salary Range KSh 50,000 – KSh 100,000/month
Reporting: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Drivers and Operation clerks
Overall coordination of transport operational activities in Nairobi branch
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee and attend to all client enquiries and concerns of the services offered to them
- To ensure smooth, effective and proactive running of the operations at branch level so as to effectively deliver services to our clients.
- Ensure timely and quality service delivery to the clients within the region so as to become the most competitive and preferred company in the region.
- Oversee and attend to all port operations on a daily basis.
- Ensure all trucks on road have the necessary statutory requirements. i.e C40, insurances, inspection certificates, speed governor certificates etc.
- To ensure that the driver and clerks maintain highest level of discipline and adherence to the company laid down rules and regulations.
- To allocate trucks to drivers based on high judgement and discretion.
- To engage and maintain a good relationship with the relevant authorities i.e., KPA, KRA, County Council and Traffic)
- Ensure that all deliveries and interchanges are obtained timely and processed for invoicing in the fleet wave
- Work with company ERP (Fleet wave) to ensure all deliveries and interchanges are processed in the system all are trips are done in the system to eliminate loss of revenue.
- Ensure that all fuel allocated to drivers are duly utilized in coordination with operations clerks .
- Report any breakdowns, accidents and incidents with the vehicles to the branch supervisor.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are implemented for all work processes within your area of jurisdiction.
- Maintain a detailed on all trips done by drivers and ensure all fuel allocated are duly depleted and any issues on fuel are promptly addressed to ensure they are resolved.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Diploma in Fleet Management/ Supplies or business related course.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the transport sector in a fast paced organization.
- Experience in managing a team of drivers and clerks.
- Working knowledge of a fleet management system.
- An excellent communicator, planner, coordinator and organizer.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.