Location: SAFARI BEACH HOTEL (along Beach Road Diani)
Reports to : OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Oversees : Restaurant Hostess, Wait Staff, Bartenders, Mixologists, Baristas, Glass hands, Runners, and casuals.
Monthly salary: Ksh. 30,000/-
Safari Beach Hotel in Diani, South Coast is looking to recruit a competent F&B Supervisor to oversee the smooth operations of our Bushtracker Bar, Beach Bar, Tight Lines Bar & Lounge and Brasserie restaurant. This could be a resident or one willing to relocate to the area.
- Manage and organize the restaurant staff as per desired job expectations.
- Implement, maintain and continuously review F&B policies and procedures
- Conduct routine staff briefings in respect of operational issues.
- Continuously coach and up skill staff to improve guest service and product sales.
- Prepare departmental budgets and derive sales targets for the staffs.
- Monitor and verify accuracy of orders, bills and payments via POS system.
- Compile, review and circulate timely operational reports to the respective persons.
- Assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services/facilities.
- Offer professional guidance and resolution for guest complaints and staff conflicts.
- Implement strategies to generate and maximize on F&B Revenue.
- Proactively seeks out business for events, banquets and function hosting for the Hotel.
- Provide administrative support in respect to duty allocation, shift planning, leave/off planning
- Maintain sanitary conditions of the bars and restaurants.
- Ensure staff compliance to statutory regulations especially to health certifications
- Requisition and receive operational supplies whilst maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Closely monitor food orders, portion sizes, garnishing, presentation and timely order delivery.
- Able to delegate tasks where needed.
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Preferred tertiary training in Hotel/F&B operations with professional certification to match.
- A minimum 2 years Supervisory posting in a busy hospitality establishment.
- Good Communication with excellent presentation & customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of POS systems.
- Must be a team player.
- A self-starter, go getter, fast thinker and able to multi task.
- Good composure and temperament able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a valid Food Handlers certificate.
Only applicants who meet the above qualifications should email an updated CV in pdf.(With 3 professional referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 1st November 2022. Please indicate the job post on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.