To sell, manage, and develop as well as help in penetration of Telkom product and services to SME customers within the appointed area. The role ensures identification, facilitation and execution of sales opportunities within current and new SME clients in order to maximise sales and growth of revenue for Telkom within the appointed area.
Key roles include but not limited to:
- Consistent achievement and exceeding of sales targets and growth plans for the region
- Relationship management for all clients in the assigned region.
- Achieve the sales targets as set by management.
- Execute sales growth action plans in the market.
- Contribute positively to cost savings target of the business.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and facilitate the continuous growth of the customer base for the business.
- Determine required solution for the customer with a focus on cross- and up selling of products and services.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the partner and customer’s business for the assigned area.
- Conduct analysis of customer, partners and sales metrics, costs and categories to help make informed business decisions.
- Address and resolve escalated issues from customers.
- Forecast and maintain sales plans with customers for the assigned area.
- Ensure accuracy of the first bill as signed and full adherence of the signed contract.
- Continuously ensure alignment with marketing, branding and communications procedures.
- Compile and execute action plans to grow the customer and partner footprint for the assigned area.
- Forecast and monitor sales for the relevant market segments for appointed area.
- Provide insights in the growth strategies in conjunction with partners and customers to drive business growth for appointed area.
- Facilitate and maintain the development of communication channels on all levels to prevent breakdown in information flow.
- Support sales administration team with required information for sales order management.
- Support the finance team in money collection and issue resolution.
- Ensure adheres to policies and procedures to support governance and controls.
- Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities.
- Embark on a continuous learning drive to stay abreast with best practice in Telecoms and related industries.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services,
- Bachelor’s degree with sales background or other sales related qualifications.
- 2 – 3 years in Sales and Marketing, IT Sales management, Business administration and, Relationship Management